Guide: How do I apply for unemployment benefits?

You need to be a member of a-kassan to apply for unemployment benefits. Here you can read about the process of applying for benefits.

When you first become unemployed

On the first day of your unemployment you need to register with Arbetsförmedlingen External link, opens in new window.. In order to apply for unemplyment benefits, you need to be a member of a-kassan.

If you wish to apply for unemployment benefits

First, sign in to our e-service Mina sidor External link. to apply for unemployment benefits. There you will see a list of what you need to do.

We will need a proof of employment for the last 12 months before you became unemployed, so that we can decide if you are eligible for unemplyment benefits.

Please ask your employer to complete the proof of employment. They can easily fill in a digital proof at External link.. If your employer cannot fill in a digital proof of employment, you must send it to us by post. If you have had several employers for the last 12 months, you must send a separate proof for each employer.

When you have submitted an application for benefits, it can take up to 5-7 weeks before you will receive an answer from us. Please make sure that you have sent in everything we need to make a decision on your application. If your application is incomplete, it might take longer for you to receive an answer from us.

Time reports and activity reports

Fill in your time report every week at Mina sidor. If you have questions on how to fill in the time reports, please contact us. If you forget to fill in the time report, you will not be able to receive benefits from us that week.

It is very important that you remember to send in your activity reports to Arbetsförmedlingen External link, opens in new window. every month. If you do not, they will inform us about it and you can lose your benefits.

Benefits from different places

If you are receiving money from, for instance, Försäkringskassan or CSN, you cannot get money from us at the same time.

When you send in your time report to us, you need to fill in if you have been home with a sick child or have been sick yourself, for example. If you do not report your time correctly, we can demand to get your benefits back and, worst case, report it to the police.

If you are unsure of how to report, please contact us and we will help you to make sure everything is correct.

Decisions on your application

We will send you information via our e-service Mina sidor once we have made a decision regarding your application. You can see the date of applications we are currently handling on the starting page of our website.


Senast uppdaterad:

Senast uppdaterad: